Image above by the late J. Karl Lee, GTMAA member.
Our crew is saying goodbye to 95 years of firefighting history as we prepare to move out of a century-old downtown fire hall – and into a new hangout in Scarborough.
For nearly four decades, the decommissioned fire hall at 39 Commissioners St. was what our club called home. Built in 1922, this hall served the Port Lands area until it was shut down in the 1980s. Our friends at the Toronto Professional Fire Fighters Association, who then took over the building, have graciously allowed us to use this historic facility for our weekly get-togethers and meetings for nearly four decades. But since they will be moving to a new building in Scarborough, we’re going with them!